Sunday 8 March 2015

My Week at Otago University


I just spent a very busy week down south in Dunedin. I attended a Leadership Course at Otago University, School of Business. This is the oldest university in New Zealand, and walking around these beautiful old buildings I felt like stepping onto the set of a Harry Potter movie! 


My days there were possibly a bit like your days at school, starting at 9 am and having morning tea and lunch at about the same time as you at CPS. It only went on a bit longer, till 5 pm, and we had to do homework as well. Sometimes it felt as if my brain was doing a marathon, and I thought this must be how you feel sometimes when you are learning lots of new things at school. I was there with 18 other Primary and Secondary teachers and two lecturers.

Some of the things I learnt were that it is very important for leaders that they:
  • keep their promises
  • show they care about others
  • listen well to others
  • treat others with respect
  • and ask for feed-back
Which of these five do you think you do best? 

I hope to hear from you!

Regards, 

Mrs van de Ven




No comments:

Post a Comment